Social and Community Development
Corporate Social Responsibility Towards Social and Community Development
The Company is committed to implementing social and community development programs or community involvement & development (CID) in order to provide benefits to the surrounding community. This commitment is based on CID as a social investment and an effort to increase the capacity of the community around the work area. We have made this effort as a corporate citizenship which is certainly in harmony with economic performance.
The shift of oil and gas industry activities from downstream to upstream oil and gas affects the Company's economic performance. However, amidst the shifting conditions, the Company remains committed that CID is a social investment and an integrated part of the business process. The commitment to implement the Company's CID is stated in Corsec-K.1.3 (Rev.01) policy which refers to ISO 26000: Social Responsibility in its implementation and is a form of the Company's compliance with Law Number 40 Year 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies.In implementing the CID commitments, the policies implemented by the Company are as follows:
- CID activities are based on the Company’s values and ethical standards, which are based on the principles of good corporate governance, namely, transparency, accountability, responsibility, independence, and fairness;
- CID activities are designed in such a way that their activities are aligned with the Company’s corporate short and long term strategies. These activities are part of the Company’s social investment and business strategy for ensuring sustainable business growth.
Implemented Programs and Activities and Their Impacts
1. Empowerment of local workers in operational activities The involvement of the community as a local workforce is carried out with the aim of supporting the welfare of communities inthe surrounding areas of operations of the Company. This involvement begins with technical training and goes all the way to carrying out work, while taking aspects of QHSSE into account. This effort is a manifestation of inclusive business that is carried out by the Company in various operational areas. Employment positions for community members include public relations assistant, drilling team members, topography team members, signal man, wakar personnel, waterline crew, and others for various Company projects.
2. Development of Sustainable Communities In its sustainable community development efforts, the Company continues to develop various activities base on three objectives. These objectives are improving education quality, local economy development, and improving the quality of healthcare services. The Company’s activities for meeting these objectives are as follows:
a. Education and Social Aspects
- Integrated Scholarships (BEST) The Company has consistently delivered its Integrated Scholarships through activities that include performance assistance efforts in academics, leadership development and spiritual guidance for students from low-income families as its way of showing its concern for the world of education. In 2019, as many as 689 students will benefit from this program.
- Elnusa Learning Park (TBE) TBE activities are forms of education provided free of charge. The education delivered is based on a combination of several nationally-accredited curricula. The list of activities consists of Early Childhood Education (PAUD) in the form of Integrated Islamic Kindergartens (TKIT), Patra General Kindergartens, and Al-Quran Education Parks (TPA). In 2019, more than 1800 children will benefit from this program.
- Operational and Achievement Scholarships This program is one of the appreciations given to the talented children of employees and working partners within the scope of the Company. Programs are routine. In 2019, the Company as many as 50 children received benefits from this program.
- Ramadhan at Elnusa The Ramadhan activities in Elnusa is an activity that is preferred by the Muslim employees. This activity is held for a full month during the holy month of Ramadhan. Through these activities, the Company strives to improve employee behavior and performance, based on Islamic values. These activities are not only limited to Islamic education in the form of recitation and assemblies, but also include other activities such as breaking the fast with people around Graha Elnusa, “tarawih” prayers in congregation and observingsilence (I’tikaf) at Baitul Hikmah Mosque during the last ten nights of the month. More than 250 people both within the company and surrounding communities receive the benefits of this program each year.
- Development of Independent Schools The Company and the Group always strive to support and prioritize the world of education through the development of independent schools in various regions. The support is carried out in a form of development and improvement of the quality and quantity of educational facilities and infrastructure.
b. Economic Aspect
- Hikmah Mandiri Savings (THM) This activity is a form of community economic empowerment that adopts the Islamic microfinance principles of the Baitul Maal Wat Tamwil (BMT) institution as a way of improving the capabilities of micro and small business actors in areas surrounding the Company’s head office. This program is carried out by providing business capital loans as well as mentorship and guidance to help turn these business owners into self-sufficient businesses. In 2019, a total of 425 business operators received benefits from this rolling program.
- Distribution of Sacrificial Animals This program is something that the Company does routinely every year during the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha. the Company and the Group distribute sacrificial animals in its various operational areas throughout the country. A total of 4479 meat packages was distributed throughout Indonesia.
- Elnusa Caring Concern This program consists of activities related to the distribution of aid packages to underprivileged people throughout the Company’s areas of operations. These sharing activities are usually done in the period leading up to Eid Al-Fitr, or to the Company’s and the Group’s anniversary, and during other moments as well. The beneficiaries of this activity are families that are categorized as being within the eight Asnaf criteria. In 2019, more than 200 families will benefit from this program. c. Healthcare Aspect
- Posyandu Forum The Company supports the improvement of Integrated Healthcare Centre (Posyandu) services by facilitating meeting forums for 14 of these health service posts located around the Company’s head office. This activity represents the Company’s support for the third Sustainable Development Goal, which is about healthy and prosperous living. Good health and well-being. The total beneficiaries of this program in 2019 reached more than 23 thousand people, including infants and the elderly.
- Health Posts In addition to its Posyandu service facilities, the Company and the Group has also facilitated health services for the community in the area around Graha Elnusa through its Health Posts. The activities of these Health Post are different from those of the Posyandu. They include examinations, treatment, and various forms of health counseling. A total of 40 families benefited from this program.
- Blood Donations This activity is done routinely every quarter and serves as a manifestation of the preferences and concerns of employees, of Graha Elnusa building tenants, and of the general public surrounding Graha Elnusa. all of these people want to participate in donating their blood and helping others. Throughout 2020 four blood donation actions have been carried out and successfully distributed more than 600 blood bags.
- Emergency Response to Natural Disasters The Company has an Emergency Response Team prepared for various emergencies. The Company uses this team for natural disasters that occur in Indonesia. The team carries out various forms of social responsibility and social care both after the disasters have taken place and during the recovery process for communities afflicted by these disasters. More than 13 thousand families received assistance from the Company's activities.