Corporate Social Responsibility Towards the Environment
The Company realizes that its operational activities can have positive or negative effects on the environment. Therefore, the Company is committed to maximizing the positive impacts of operational activities, as well as minimizing the negative impacts generated on the environment. This commitment is realized by making the best possible environmental management.
Efforts to implement the Company’s environmental management are outlined in the following policies:
- Ensuring environmental management complies with regulations, customer requirements and meets applicable industry standards
- Mitigating risks and minimizing the negative impact of company activities with continuous improvement
- Carry out environmental quality measurements and monitoring on a regular basis
- Using technology and infrastructure that meets environmental management standards.
- Preparing emergency response and competent human resources
As the foundation of the implementation of environmental management carried out by the Company are Law Number 32 of 2009 concerning Environmental Protection and Management, Law Number 18 of 2008 concerning Waste Management, Law Number 7 of 2004 concerning Water Resources, Government Regulations Number 27 of 1999 concerning Analysis of Environmental Impacts (AMDAL), Government Regulation Number 27 of 2012 concerning Environmental Permits, Government Regulation Number 101 of 2014 concerning Management of Hazardous and Toxic Wastes.
Risks and Impacts of the Company's Business Activities on the Environment
The Company has three main services, the nature of which is different. Upstream oil and gas services with seismic survey line services are generally located in residential areas, forests, to the sea. While the oil and gas field management and service lines are generally located in more limited operational areas for residents. Energy distribution and logistics services with the main activities of distribution of BBM operating in various densely populated areas. Supporting services generally operate in the fabrication or warehouse area.
The difference in the nature of these different services certainly has risks and causes different impacts on the environment. In the upstream oil and gas services, seimic survey line services, the Company uses various sources of vibration in the recording process, utilizing the surrounding water for drilling, to carrying out the opening of the track if necessary. One of the negative risks that may arise from these activities includes changes in the structure of the underground and ocean, changes in the surrounding vegetation to the resulting waste.
Meanwhile, in the upstream oil and gas services, drilling and oil and gas field management services, the Company uses modular drilling tools to reach oil sources. The depth of drilling can reach thousands of meters below ground level. In addition, the Company also uses various technologies to increase production including the use of materials and chemical compounds. Negative risks arising from this activity include environmental pollution due to the material or chemical compounds used, the presence of oil spills to B3 waste produced.
In energy distribution and logistics services, the Company distributes fuel from one point to another. Negative risks that may arise are the occurrence of fuel spills to air pollution generated from motor vehicles. While supporting services, have a negative risk that is B3 waste pollution as a result of fabrication activities. Based on these negative risks, the Company makes every effort to manage the environment through various policies and programs implemented.
Implemented Programs and Activities
The Company implements social responsibility programs and activities towards the environment as part of the Company’s concern towards the environment. This is done by limiting pollution that may arise from the operational activities of the Company. The social responsibility programs and activities towards the environment that have been done by the Company are as follows:
- Renewal of Environmental Management Documents The Company regularly updates documents related to environmental management in the operational area. The purpose of this reform is to ensure that the Company's environmental management practices are in accordance with the development of applicable industry standards. One of the standards used as a reference for document renewal is ISO 14001: 2015 Management of Environmental Management.
- Effective use of materials/chemicals The Company uses various materials/chemicals in carrying out its various energy services. The diversification of services performed affects the use of this type of material/chemical, which varies each year. However, the Company always strives to use these materials/chemicals effectively and efficiently.
- Utilization of Energy Sources The Company uses three types of energy sources to support its operational activities, namely solar, gasoline and electricity. The saving effort is carried out by implementing energy efficiency policies, such as building lighting efficiency policies in less productive areas, utilizing more environmentally friendly technologies, making efforts to improve warehouse buildings to be more environmentally friendly and others.
- Measurement of the Quality of the Work Environment In accordance with regulations and industry standards and compliance with ISO 14001: 2015 standards, the Company's commitment to the quality of the work environment is implemented in the form of monitoring the quality of the work environment, both at the head office, branch offices, and warehouses where the Company operates. Through the Property Management function, HSSE and Asset Management conduct measurements and evaluations of the quality of the work environment on a regular basis.
- Waste Management The Company implements standardization of waste management including management of ordinary or nonhazardous solid waste, management of hazardous solid waste, and liquid waste management. Solid waste management is implemented through organic, inorganic sorting and special containers for B3 waste at the head office, branch offices and operational areas. The Company cooperates with third parties for the transportation, management of B3 waste to the final disposal process. For liquid waste management, the Company processes waste generated at the Head Office using a sewage treatment plant so that it meets quality standards and is suitable for disposal. Waste that has been treated, can be reused and/ or disposed of in public channels.
- Environmental Awareness Campaign The Company carries out various campaigns to continuously improve the culture of environmental management. Some of them took moments at world celebrations, such as World Water Day on March 22, Commemoration of Earth Day on April 22, Commemoration of World Environment Day on June 5, and other campaigns.