POLICY Occupational health and safety (OHS) performance greatly influences the Company’s business continuity, which is why the Company places occupational health and safety as central focus points in each of its operational activities. This represents a commitment to mitigate and minimizes the risk of accidents, illness or absenteeism that can occur among employees, customers, work partners or other stakeholders. The Company’s basic foundations for managing occupational health and safety are Law No. 1 of 1970 on Occupational Safety, Law No. 13 of 2003 on Labor, Law No. 36 of 2009 on Health, Government Regulation No. 50 of 2012 on the Application of Systems Management for Occupational Safety & Health, and Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Systems (OHSAS) 18001: 2007. The Company’s commitment to prioritizing the occupational health and safety aspects of its operations is encapsulated in its “PUT 5M” slogan. The slogan’s name refers to how the Company always makes OHS as 1) its main priority for each activity, 2) a measure for assessing the quality of its work and its workers, and 3) the responsibility of management and all workers. As a means of ensuring the implementation of PUT 5M, the Company makes use of the following Quality, Health, Safety, Security, & Environment policies:
- Implementing Quality, Health, Safety, Security, Environment (QHSSE) standards that are in line with applicable laws and regulations, customer requirements and industry standards.
- Preparing competent and professional organizations and human resources.
- Using appropriate technology and work facilities and meet QHSSE standards.
- Establishing, measuring, auditing and reporting on QHSSE implementation in order to make continuous improvements.
- Eliminating hazards and minimizing health, safety, and environmental risks, and preventing pollution and losses due to company activities by carrying out continuous repairs.
The Company’s policy for mitigating work risk is to continue with its previous policies, namely, its 9 HSE Golden Rules and its Elnusa Zero Tolerance, and to do so in all of its operational activities within the work environment of Elnusa Group, and to apply this policy to all levels of the Company.
- HSE Program Implementation at All Operational Areas The Company’s HSE efforts represent its commitment to ensuring zero fatalities and excellent HSE performance in each of its areas of operations. This effort is carried out through the following means:
a. Carrying out and developing a work program for HSE operations in accordance with company plans and targets, management systems, client requirements and applicable legislation.
b. Conducting QHSSE campaigns, inductions, competency training activities and other QHSSE support programs
c. Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of HSE operations are in accordance with the Company’s HSE management standards.
d. Conducting, supervising, coordinating and preparing the facilities and infrastructure as well as the human resources needed to support the implementation of the Company’s QHSSE work program.
- Cascading Directions from Pertamina’s Upstream Director The Company follows the directions set by Pertamina. In 2018, the Company cascaded directions from Pertamina’s Upstream Directors to all of its levels of operations, from management levels, employees, work partners, and project support.
- QHSSE Culture Campaign and Evaluation As part of its efforts to disseminate programs and information related to HSE, the Company has established HSE Online and QHSSE Focus, as well as SMS alerts and teasers that have become routine campaign programs for the Company throughout the year
- Online HSE Performance Reporting Management The Company has developed an integrated online performance and HSE monitoring system. Through this system, the HSE performance of the Company and its subsidiaries can be monitored through a performance dashboard.
- Implementation of the Contractor Work Safety Management System (CSMS) This system is a mandatory standard that the Company’s business partners have to meet when it comes to work-related risks at medium-to-high levels. The Company uses this system to evaluate and improve the performance of K3 partners before starting work. This is to ensure that work partners do the right work and support the achievement of the Company’s HSE performance targets.
- HSE Competency Training The company organizes training for all employees as a way of supporting its implementation of HSE. The list of mandatory training topics for employees includes basic safety training and basic first aid. Another mandatory training is QHSSE management based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 for management levels and for operational personnel.
- Integrated Crisis Management The Company integrates all functions related to HSE-related crisis responses. This is done as a form of emergency response that helps to accelerate the crisis-handling process by having the focus be on Crisis Management Centers.
- Health Services and Medical Evacuation Handling The Company cooperates with external clinics to provide medical services and medical evacuation handling for all Elnusa employees. The clinic also functions as a means for monitoring the implementation of routine employee health checks.
- Regular and Periodical Health Examinations The Company is committed to implementing routine medical check-ups (MCU) to minimize the risk of workplace accidents that come as a result of health-related factors. The implementation of this effort is monitored directly by Elnusa Clinic. They see to it that person in need get health monitoring. This program represents the Company’s commitment, as stated in Company Regulations, to always monitor the health of its employees and minimize the risk of workplace accidents that may come as a result of health-related factors.
- Standardization of HSE Management for Subsidiaries The Company harmonizes its HSE standards with its Subsidiaries in order to improve the implementation of its consolidated standards for HSE. This effort is done through the carrying out of audits for procedures and implementations in the Company’s areas of operations. This audit is carried out routinely every year.
- Integrated Management System Audit The Company has adopted an Integrated Management System (IMS) — which consists of ISO 9001: 2018 and ISO 14001: 2015 and OHSAS 18001: 2007 — in standardizing its integrated management. This year, the Company has carried out an audit of the three aforementioned standards that have been carried out by internal and external teams in mid-2017. The purpose of this audit is to improve compliance with HSE standards.
- Stop Work Authority This program is a way of giving employees, business partners, customers, and guests the authority to terminate work activities if they observe unsafe conditions or actons in an ongoing job. The Company implements this program by providing work termination cards (SWA Card) for each individual who visits the Company’s work environments.
- HSE Champion This program is an award for operational employees who promote the Company’s HSE program and who have become true role models for implementing HSE standards. The awards also recognize these individuals for being a moral force in improving HSE culture.