The Company believes that social and community development (CID), which provides benefits for communites surrounding the Company’s working areas, is an inseparable and integrated part of its business process. CID is carried out as part of a social investment system based on corporate citizenship that uses Law No. 40 of 2007 on Limited Liability Companies as well as Government Regulation No. 47 of 2012 on the Social and Environmental Responsibilites of Limited Liability Companies as references for acton.
The Company’s main policies for following through with its commitment to community involvement and development efforts are as follows:
- Its CID activities are based on the Company’s values and ethical standards, which are based on the principles of good corporate governance, namely, transparency, accountability, responsibility, independence, and fairness.
- Its CID activities are designed in such a way that their strategies are aligned with the Company’s corporate short and long term strategies. These activities are part of the Company’s social investment and business strategy for ensuring the sustainability of business growth.
The Company’s strategy for responsibility in its CID efforts are the following:
- Involve the community and other related stakeholders in the Company’s work areas as part of operational activities.
- Participate actively in social care by applying community involvement & development through the three fundamentals for A better life principle.
- Be oriented towards Sustainable Development Goals and the eight Asnaf categories.
This year, the Company focused its CID activities on three main areas of concern. It based its focuses on operational factors, on natural disasters that occur in Indonesia and on various other factors. The three focus areas in question are: